Best Vegan Banana Bread- so good you won't even know it's vegan!
Some baked goods can be hard to vegan-ize, but not banana bread! No eggs or dairy are needed to make this loaf moist and delicious! This foolproof recipe can be made in one bowl and there's minimal prep time.
If you have over-ripe bananas lying around, make a loaf (or 2!). They never last long in my house!
Best Vegan Banana Bread
- 3 overripe bananas (plus 2 more for decorating)
- ⅓ cup organic sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- (optional- 1 cup chopped walnuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Peel 3 bananas and add them to a large mixing bowl. Mash them thoroughly using a fork or potato masher. Add the sugars, oil, and vanilla and stir together until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon to the banana mixture. Stir until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix. If you're using walnuts, fold them in. Slice 2 bananas and line the top of the bread. t
- Pour mixture into loaf pan. It will be thick. Smooth the top with the back of a spoon. Cook for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let thoroughly cool before cutting.
This recipe comes together easily and with minimal ingredients. The key to great banana bread is to use overripe bananas (soft with lots of brown spots!). You want them to be almost too ripe to eat. Bananas act as the egg replacer in this recipe so no flaxseed or other substitute is necessary.
Add the bananas to a large mixing bowl. Make sure the bananas are thoroughly mashed (use a fork or potato masher). You don't want any large chunks. Then, add the sugars, coconut oil, vanilla extract. Stir together until they are mixed well.
Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to the banana mixture. Stir together to combine. Be careful not to overmix. Over-mixing can give quick breads a tough texture.
(Note- The batter will be very thick.)
Pour the batter into the greased 9-inch loaf pan and smooth the top with a spoon.
Thinly slice 2 bananas and add them to the top of the bread. Sprinkle brown sugar on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
You can serve the bread as-is, or go the fancy route and pile on the fruit. If you've never tried peaches with banana bread, they are a match made in heaven!
Looking for more Easy Vegan Recipes?