Best Vegan Apple Crisp- a vegan version of a fall classic featuring crisp apples and a delicious streusel topping!
It’s apple season! If you are like me, you’ve already been apple picking and ended up with pounds and pounds of apples! What better way to make use of them than an apple crisp?
Apple crisps are so easy to make, and you get to avoid the hassle of making a pie crust (always a win in my book!).
This dish is the perfect dessert to bring to holiday gatherings. No one will ever be able to tell that it’s vegan!
Best Vegan Apple Crisp
This apple crisp requires only 15 minutes of prep time, most of that involves peeling and chopping the apples. Once the apples are cut, toss them with cinnamon and white sugar. Then make the streusel topping using oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vegan butter. Scoop the apple mixture into a 9-inch baking sheet and then spread the topping evenly on top. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling. Let cool and serve with non-dairy vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.
You can find the recipe for the Best Vegan Caramel Sauce on my vegan food blog- 10 Ingredient Vegan
- 6 apples- peeled, and diced
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss apples with white sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Scoop into a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Mix brown sugar, 1 teaspoon sugar, oats, and flour in a bowl. Using a fork, mash the butter into the mixture until it resembles crumbs. Spread evenly over the apples in the baking dish and pat down.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbling- approximately 40 minutes.
Looking for more Vegan Desserts?