Vegan Quinoa Chickpea Tabbouleh Salad with Lemon Mint Dressing- fresh, healthy ,and bursting with flavor. Perfect for meal prep or your next picnic or BBQ!
Now that the weather is heating up, I’d much rather be outdoors than in the kitchen. My go-to meal options lately are smoothies and salads with all the fixings, one of my favorites being this Tabbouleh Salad. Tabbouleh Salad is usually made using bulger which is a type of cereal grain. I substituted quinoa for the bulger because it’s more nutrient-dense.
This Tabbouleh Salad is hearty enough to serve as a main meal thanks to the protein-packed quinoa and chickpeas. This recipe makes a large portion so it’s great for meal prep and leftovers. It can be served either warm or cold.
Vegan Quinoa Chickpea Tabbouleh Salad with Lemon Mint Dressing
- 2 cups cooked tri-color quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (sliced vertically)
- 2 cups cucumber (sliced and quartered)
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 cup scallions
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint (finely chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Dress the salad and enjoy!
Tri-color quinoa (cooked)
Cherry tomatoes (sliced vertically)
Cucumber (cut into small sections)
Fresh parsley (chopped)
For the dressing:
Lemon juice & zest
Fresh mint (finely chopped)
Salt and pepper
Add all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
In a small bowl, add the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, minced garlic and chopped mint and whisk together. Season with salt and pepper. Pour on the salad and enjoy!
Looking for more Easy Vegan Recipes?
Visit my recipe blog, 10 Ingredient Vegan for more delicious dishes!