Grilled Vegan Stuffed Peppers- a plant-based meal that’s ideal for the BBQ!
I recently got this new grill and I’m obsessed! I’m convinced that everything tastes better when it comes off a grill! Stuffed peppers are one of my favorites. I usually make a Mexican version with black beans and corn, but I decided to switch it up this time by adding lentils and walnuts.
These stuffed peppers are hearty, nutritious, and easy to make! The ingredients are combined in a food processor and then heated up in a skillet. The peppers are halved and then brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper.
The peppers are grilled on medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side. You want them to be tender but still hold their shape. After the peppers are finished grilling, you stuff them with the lentil walnut mixture and enjoy! They can be served hot or room temperature.
Grilled Vegan Stuffed Peppers
3 Red bell peppers
1 cup dry green lentils
1 cup sliced walnuts
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil plus extra
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 ½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
- Put lentils in a saucepan and cover with 2 cups of water. Place lid on the saucepan and bring the lentils to a boil. Turn the burner down to low and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain any water and set aside.
- In a food processor combine the cooked lentils, walnuts, garlic, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, paprika, oregano, cumin, and salt and pepper. Pulse until it's coarsely ground.
- Cut the red bell peppers in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. brush with olive oil and add salt and pepper.
- Grill peppers on medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Heat lentil walnut mixture in a skillet with olive oil for a few minutes.
- Stuff peppers and enjoy!
Looking for more Easy Vegan Recipes?
Rainbow Veggie Skewers with Agave Balsamic Glaze
Black Bean and Quinoa Mason Jar Salad
Plant-Based Breakfast Hash