Easy Instant Pot Vegan Minestrone Soup- hearty, delicious and packed with nutrients!
I recently purchased an Instant Pot and I love it! There’s a bit of a learning curve versus the slow cooker, but after a few tries (and a few recipe disasters!), I have it figured out! This Minestrone Soup is perfect for a mid-week healthy dinner. It’s loaded with veggies (carrots, celery, zucchini and spinach). 2 different types of beans (kidney and Cannellini) add fiber and protein. This soup is also ideal for meal prep and for freezing. If you plan on freezing, cook and add the pasta separately to prevent it from getting soggy.
Easy Instant Pot Vegan Minestrone Soup
This soup takes only minutes to make in the Instant Pot! First, you sauté the onion and garlic. Then add the carrots and celery and sauté for a few more minutes. Next, Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the zucchini, kidney beans, cannelini beans, pasta and spinach) and Pressure Cook on high for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients (except the spinach) the sauté button and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the pasta is tender. The final step is to add the spinach.
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic , minced
2 medium carrots , chopped
2 large celery stalks, chopped
1 large zucchini, chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 32-oz can diced tomatoes, Italian style
3 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 bay leaf
4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
2 cups water
1/2 cup dry uncooked small shell pasta
1 can red kidney beans , drained and rinsed
1 can cannellini beans , drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped (optional)
- Press the SAUTE button on your Instant Pot and allow it to heat up (2-3 minutes). Add olive oil and saute onions and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and celery and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the zucchini, kidney beans, cannelini beans, pasta and spinach) and press the PRESSURE COOK button and set on HIGH for 2 minutes. Make sure the valve is turned to SEALING.
- After the time is up, do a quick release by turning the valve to VENTING to release the pressure.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except the spinach) the SAUTE button and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
- Stir in spinach and allow to sit until wilted . Add more water or broth if you'd like a thinner soup.
Looking for more Vegan Slow Cooker Recipes?
Slow Cooker Vegan Coconut Quinoa Curry
Slow Cooker Vegan Carrot Ginger Soup
Slow Cooker Applesauce