Vegan Berry Quinoa Spinach Salad- a bright and nutritious salad packed with mixed berries, quinoa, and avocado. Topped with a tangy clementine dressing!
This plant-based salad is a nutrition powerhouse! The base of this gluten-free salad is baby spinach rather than lettuce. Spinach has twice as much potassium, protein, calcium, iron, niacin, and vitamins A, C, B, C, and B-12 as lettuce. It also contains more fiber and minerals including magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium. There are also quinoa and almonds for added protein, avocado for healthy fat, and berries for antioxidants.
This spinach salad is not only healthy, it’s bursting with the best flavors of the season!
KEEP IN TOUCH! FOR MORE INSPIRATION, PROJECTS, AND FREE KNITTING PATTERNS, SIGN UP FOR OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER:
Vegan Berry Quinoa Spinach Salad
This salad takes minutes to prepare and it consists of only 9 ingredients. It’s perfect for meal prep or on the go. Just make sure to add the dressing when you’re ready to eat, otherwise, the spinach will get soggy.
Mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries and blueberries)
Quinoa (I used tri-color)
For the vinaigrette:
Apple cider vinegar
(optional- top with vegan Feta cheese)
Add the dry quinoa with water to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then cover and let simmer until all the water is evaporated. While the quinoa is cooking, rinse and drain the spinach. Wash the berries and cut up the avocado. Fluff the quinoa with a fork. Toss the cooled, cooked quinoa together in a large bowl and sprinkle the salad with sliced almonds.
To make the dressing, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and juice from one clementine in a small bowl. Pour on salad before serving.
- 1 cup dry tri-color quinoa
- 5-6 cups spinach (washed and drained)
- 3 cups berries (strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries- rinsed)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- For the dressing:
- 2 clementines (juiced)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- Add the quinoa with 2 cups of water to a saucepan. Cook on high heat until it boils, then cover and simmer until the water has evaporated. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Rinse and drain the spinach and berries. Toss with the cooled quinoa and add the sliced avocado and slivered almonds.
- Whisk the clementine juice, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, and maple syrup together in a small bowl. Pour on the salad and enjoy!
Looking for more easy vegan recipes like this quinoa salad?
For more Vegan dishes please visit my recipe blog, 10 Ingredient Vegan.
I love seeing your finished projects! If you enjoyed making this Vegan Berry Quinoa Spinach Salad, or any of my other easy plant-based recipes, I’d love to see yours on Instagram, just tag me @ginamicheleblog. Happy cooking!