Instagram

Uncategorized

Crossover Booties- Now With Additional Sizes [knitting pattern]

February 14, 2015

After posting this super-easy pattern for newborn booties I received a ton of requests for larger sizes. Here it is! The new sizes include 3, 6, and 9 months.
Pattern:
Yarn: any worsted weight yarn
Needles: size US 8 knitting needles [Make 2]
For 3 Months (size 6 and 9 month are in parenthesis)
Cast on 30 (34, 38) stitches. Work in Garter Stitch for 12 (14, 15) rows. Bind off 11 (12, 13) stitches at the beginning of the next row. Finish row. Bind off 11 (12, 13) stitches at the beginning of the next row- this leaves you with 8 (10, 12) stitches in the middle. Garter Stitch remaining stitches for 22 (24, 26) rows. Bind off.

[Update: Many readers asked for an adult version of this bootie- here is the pattern

How to finish the booties

[Here is the finished piece. It looks like the letter “T”. The upper part will become the back and side of the bootie. The thinner, bottom part will be the footbed]
[Take one side of the upper part of the “T” and place it on top of the footbed]
[Take the other side of the “T” and place it on top of the 2 layers. Using a yarn needle, sew the bootie together at the toe and the sides. Turn inside out when finished]

amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_enable_interest_ads = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “croche085-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “auto”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “9fd4795c1a503eb0fe7917061f56fc41”;
amzn_assoc_emphasize_categories = “2617941011”;
amzn_assoc_fallback_mode = {“type”:”search”,”value”:”Knitting”};
amzn_assoc_default_category = “All”;

!function(doc,s,id){ var e, p; if(!doc.getElementById(id)) { e = doc.createElement(s); e.id = id; p = ‘//shopsensewidget.shopstyle.com/widget-script.js’; var cb = new Date().getTime(); p += ‘?cb=’ + cb; e.src = p; doc.body.appendChild(e); } if(typeof window.ss_shopsense === ‘object’){ if(doc.readyState === ‘complete’){ window.ss_shopsense.init(); } } }(document, ‘script’, ‘shopsensewidget-script’);

Breenah A
    February 16, 2015 at 5:11 pm

I just finished my first one and it's so cute! I'm not sure if it's my gauge or if my nephew has huge feet, but the 3 months size is too small and he's only a month old. The 3 months wound up being about 2" for me and I had my sister measure my nephew's foot and it's 3.5". No matter what, I'll just knit a bigger one and figure out someone to give these too. They're super cute and easy!

Anonymous
      September 4, 2015 at 6:22 pm

Any girls with dolls in the family? They may fit on a doll's foot.

Anonymous
    February 17, 2015 at 1:31 am

give them to a little girl for her dolls

Anonymous
    February 19, 2015 at 1:05 am

Hey Gina! I cut up baby shoes to send to Africa and the description there will be three times more the ones that I usually cut up. Thank you!

Jan Smith
    March 11, 2015 at 1:32 pm

These will be perfect for my little grandniece who was born early weighing only 2 lbs!! Many thanks for the pattern. Jan (from the UK).

Anita
    March 22, 2015 at 2:56 pm

I would loved to get an adult pattern for these crossover booties. Is this available?

m.h.g.
    March 27, 2015 at 7:59 pm

These are soooooo cute and fun to make. I added buttons to the boys and bows to the girls:)

Anonymous
    May 5, 2015 at 4:12 pm

Thank you so very very much for giving your time and effort for all these patterns and to refigure the larger sizes and different sizes we all pester you for. Just found that you had re-figured the larger sizes and cant wait to try them! You are such a sharing and caring lady. As busy as you are you always take the time to help others. Again, thank you so much; your efforts are more than appreciated.! Hope you and your loved ones are well.
    Kate K.

Luanne
    June 5, 2015 at 12:26 am

These are SO adorable! Although I am an experienced crocheter, I am a novice when I comes to knitting. I was able to whip up a pair of these with no trouble at all! Thanks so much!

Sarah
    June 10, 2015 at 5:07 pm

These are adorable! Do you have an adult pattern?

Anonymous
    July 25, 2015 at 11:57 pm

Oh Gina a im so glad for your version of this pattern. I am a knitter of just 3 years have made blankets , booties, but these I have wanted to knit so bad but other patterns had my brain boggled a bit. Yours much simplified. Thank you.
    BTW happen to have an adult pattern?

Madge
    August 2, 2015 at 11:59 pm

Looking forward to the adult sizes. Thank you.