Neon Makeup- How to Wear Summer’s Biggest Beauty Trend in the Real World
Neon makeup has been declared the hottest beauty trend of the season. If you head over to YouTube there are tons of neon makeup tutorials featuring rainbow eyeshadow in vibrant greens, yellow and orange. It looks amazing on film and in pics but it seems like way too much for everyday life (well, my everyday life at least). There’s nothing subtle about neon, but it can be incorporated into your regular makeup routine.
Here’s how to wear neon makeup:
How to Incorporporate Neon into your Everyday Makeup Routine
- Eyes or Lips- not both: Stick to one feature to play up. If you’re doing a neon eye, keep lipstick neutral.
- Lipstick is the easiest way to try this trend- if pink isn’t your thing, try a bright coral. If the color feels too bright, dab some off with a tissue and add gloss to downplay.
- Neon eyeliner is easier to pull off than shadow- keeping the rest of the eye neutral and adding a pop of neon with eyeliner is a simple way to add color.
- Prime your lids when using neon eyeshadow- this will give you a smooth surface and prevent creasing. If also makes the color appear more vibrant.
- Use neon colors that flatter your skin tone. As a general rule, vibrant purple and hot pink are best for pale skin, coral, orange and yellow for medium skin and orange and turquoise for olive skin.
Looking for more Summer Beauty Tutorials?
Neon makeup is a fun way to refresh your summer look and it looks great with white clothing!
Do you think you’ll give this trend a try?