Vegan Roasted Sweet Potato Cauliflower Salad- a healthy side dish that's bursting with color and flavor!
If you're like me, you've already started planning out your Thanksgiving menu! This warm, winter salad is the perfect addition! It's light, flavorful, and it only requires 10 minutes of prep time. This is a major upgrade to the plain side salad! It has a delectable mix of textures and flavors that even non-vegan will love!
Vegan Roasted Sweet Potato Cauliflower Salad
This plant-based salad takes 10 minutes to prep, so it's ideal for busy Thanksgivings or Friendsgiving.
First, preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes in roughly 2-inch cubes. Arrange them on the sheet. To ensure that they cook properly, make sure they are not overlapping. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes. Flip the sweet potato and cauliflower and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
While the veggies are roasting, prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, honey, ginger, and Dijon mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve the roasted sweet potato and cauliflower over a bed of mixed salad greens and top with pomegranate seeds. Pour the dressing on and enjoy!
If you're pressed for time, the sweet potato and cauliflower can be roasted in advance. The dressing can also be make ahead of time. In order to keep this salad as fresh as possible, hold off on adding the greens until you are ready to serve.
- For the salad:
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 handfuls mixed salad greens
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the dressing:
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ½ cup raw apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 2-inch cubes. Cut the head of cauliflower into florets. Arrange on a baking sheet, being careful not to overlap. Drizzle with olive oil and add salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender. Remove from heat.
- While the sweet potato and cauliflower are cooking, whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- While still warm, serve the sweet potato and cauliflower onto a bed of salad greens and top with pomegranate seeds. Pour dressing on and enjoy!
Looking for more easy Vegan Main Dishes?
Don't forget to check out my vegan recipe blog- 10 Ingredient Vegan!