|[coat: Steven Alan (similar), sunglasses: Tom Ford]|
There’s something about the New Year that makes me feel so refreshed, energized and hopeful! Every year on New Year’s Day I sit down and write a bunch of resolutions for myself and (more recently) the blog. 2017 was a rocky year, so here’s hoping that 2018 will be filled with laughs, love & luck!
For the blog:
- More video!- I’ve received many requests for video tutorials and it’s at the top of my list this year! Lots of people (including myself) find it easier to learn from a video than from pictures. For many of my new DIY projects and knitting patterns I will also include a video tutorial. I will also be posting all videos to my YouTube channel.
- More sewing– I haven’t been sewing as much the past few years and I miss it! I want 2018 to be the year I really get back into it. I’ve been getting really inspired by just looking online at fabric. In the upcoming months I’ll share beginner-friendly sewing projects as well as completed projects from store-bought patterns.
- More DIY home renovations/room makeovers– I’m a first time homeowner and this year I really want to make a dent on all the renovations and makeovers my house needs. I will be doing most of the work myself and documenting the progress here on the blog. My first project (that I’ll post in the upcoming weeks)- Indigo’s “big boy” room!
Some of my personal resolutions:
- Start BBG– Like many people, I discovered Kayla Itsines and her BBG (Bikini Body Guide) program through Instagram. I love seeing people’s transformations and reading their stories. I vowed to make 2018 the year I get in the best shape of my life and I hope BBG will help me achieve this goal!
I plan to cover my progress here on the blog and Instagram, so be sure to check back!
- Learn to speak Italian– This has been on my resolution list a long time (since I took 2 semesters of Italian in college). It’s one of those things I always wanted to do, but never got around to. I just downloaded the Duolingo app and it makes practice easy and fun. Best of all, I can practice anywhere and anytime I have a few minutes to spare. Last night I even used Duolingo while I was cooking dinner. I’ve been hitting my daily goal of 30 minutes per day so hopefully my 2019 resolutions won’t include “learn to speak Italian”!
- Say “Goodbye” to toxic relationships!- This is definitely the hardest resolution on my list, but it’s also the most important. There’s a particular toxic relationship I’m ending that’s been making me stressed and miserable. It won’t be easy, but it’s absolutely the best decision for me.