After watching the documentary "Food Choices" I've been trying to cut back on the amount of dairy I eat (I'm already a vegetarian). I have a tendency to put cheese on everything (seriously, why does cheese make dishes taste 100x better???) Dishes without cheese seem kind of blah and sad to me. I've been doing some experimenting in the kitchen and trying to come up with vegan dishes that are filling, delicious and that seem complete without a mound of cheese on top. The result: Turmeric Quinoa Power Bowl!
This Turmeric Quinoa Power Bowl has become my go-to lunch. Have you tried seasoning quinoa with turmeric? It's sooo good! I balanced things out by adding roasted chickpeas sprinkled with paprika, organic baby spinach and an avocado. This is really easy and fast to make (especially if you have a rice cooker).
1 Cup Quinoa
Low sodium vegetable stock
Spray coconut oil
½ can chickpeas
Organic baby spinach
½-1 tsp Turmeric
½ tsp paprika
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Cook quinoa (I used a rice cooker) in a 50/50 mix of vegetable stock and water
3. Drain and rinse chickpeas. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly spray with oil and sprinkle on paprika. Cook for 30 minutes or until browned.
4. When the quinoa is finished cooking, stir in turmeric.
5. Add the quinoa, chickpeas, washed baby spinach and avocado to a bowl. Enjoy!
amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0";
amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true";
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "croche085-20";
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual";
amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart";
amzn_assoc_marketplace = "amazon";
amzn_assoc_region = "US";
amzn_assoc_title = "My Amazon Picks";
amzn_assoc_debug = "false";
amzn_assoc_linkid = "ece527ab7abda94b137aac64cfb1d8a1";
amzn_assoc_ead = "0";
amzn_assoc_asins = "B00C5T8X0S,1440552673,1581572638,1623155525";