Butternut squash is one of my Fall favorites. The sweet, nutty taste is a delicious alternative to pumpkin. The bread is easy to bake and using pre-cut butternut squash shaves off a lot of time!
- 1 cup butternut squash purée*
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
*To make the Butternut squash purée- boil 8oz. of pre-cut butternut squash (I buy this one) until soft. In a food processor, pulse along with 1 tablespoon butter and 1tsp brown sugar, until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease one loaf pan (9×5)
- In a large bowl, mix together the butternut squash puree, eggs, oil, water and sugars until thoroughly combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the butternut squash mixture. Pour into the pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.