This is one of my favorite summer treats! The combination of the sweet peaches and strawberries is delicious and still lightweight. It’s the perfect dessert for picnics and BBQs.
For the crust-
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
For the filling-
- 6 cups peaches, cut into small slices with skin removed
- 1 cup strawberries, cut into small slices
- 2 tablespoons Agave
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
For the crumble-
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1) Make crust: In a food processor, pulse flour, salt, and sugar
until combined. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 3
tablespoons ice water. Pulse until dough is crumbly but holds together
when squeezed. Shape dough into a ball, wrap
tightly in plastic, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
2) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly flour work surface and roll out dough to a 12-inch round. Place in a 9-inch pie
plate, fold overhang under, and crimp edges. Make filling: In a large
bowl, combine peaches, strawberries, agave, and flour. Make
crumble: In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, and oats; using
your hands, work in butter until large clumps form.
3) Transfer pie filling to shell, then sprinkle crumble evenly over
top. Put pie on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until juices are
bubbling and topping is golden, 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. Let cool on
a wire rack before serving.