Banana bread is one of my favorites…and considering that my Quick & Easy Banana Bread is my all-time highest viewed recipe, it’s safe you say that you guys like it too! This recipe is a new take on a classic. Brown sugar and butter are caramelized at the bottom of the pan, then a layer of bananas is added, followed by the batter. Once it’s cooked and cooled you flip it upside down. The brown sugar and extra bananas on top add just the right amount of moisture and sweetness. This loaf lasted exactly one day in my house. Try it, you won’t be disappointed!
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter
3 ripe bananas
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 large eggs
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extrtact
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan
2) Spread the brown sugar on the bottom of the pan. Slice the butter and spread out on top. Bake in the oven for 7-8 minutes. Stir the butter and sugar together.
3) Cut the banana into 1/4 rounds and place on top of the mixture. Mash whatever is left over.
4) In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients (including the mashed banana) and beat using a hand mixer. Do not over mix.
5) Pour in mixture in the pan over the bananas.
6) Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
7) Let cool for 30 minutes, then flip over and enjoy!
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “croche085-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “My Amazon Picks”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “0068238e5127e17c02a282b3e5c10c64”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “B01GB2RI50,B001D8ZUT4,B005MW0TCA,B00OK1SXRM,B00KKV15X0”;