1 package pre made pie crusts
1 Cup caramel sauce
1/4 cup butter
4 apples, peeled and diced into cubes
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add apples, sugars, lemon juice, cinnamon, vanilla, allspice. Cook, stirring frequently, until the apples have softened, about 5 minutes.
3) Combine water and cornstarch in a bowl. Pour into the apple mixture. Cook and stir until the apple mixture has thickened, 3-5 minutes. Let cool.
4) Roll out a sheet of the pie crusts. Cut out circles using a cookie cutter. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5) Spread approximately 1 teaspoon of caramel on each cookie.
6) Add approximately 1 tablespoon of apple mixture to each cookie
7) Roll out the second sheet of pie crusts. Using a knife, cut into 1/4 inch stripes. Use the stripe to create a lattice top on the cookies.
8) Cook for approximately 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
9) Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “croche085-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “My Amazon Picks”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “cffd3ca037f056feb20c01de6ab4bea5”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “1936283107,B007T4YATC,B01DREMPN0,B01GUHFZ7Y”;