When I moved into my new home, there was a big, empty space in the kitchen above the counter, between the window and the sliding door. The old homeowner had hung a clock here, but I wanted to do something more fun and personal. I decided to create a gallery wall using photographs I had taken on a recent trip to Jamaica. Every morning when I wake up and go into the kitchen I’m greeted with a happy memory!
Here are some tips:
- Vary the sizes of your pictures
- Stick to a common color theme
- To keeps things fun and eclectic, mix up the frames
- Before hanging anything, tape the inside papers that are included with picture frames on the wall. This will allow you to play with the design before making any holes in the walls.
- Keep some of the pictures on the same level. (for example the iguana pic and the rainbow bamboo pic are level at the top of the frame, so are the cabin pic and the beach pic)
- Have fun!